Our boxers are in my corner

Our boxers are in my corner

Friday, November 11, 2016

Treatment day 8: Chemo begins

Quite a relief to have finally collected the necessary amount of stem cells through aphresis. Three rounds of aphresis really took a toll on my energy level. Think that I slept 20 of the last 24 hours. Regardless of how I received the stem cells or how long it took to get them. I have them. They are in the bank so to say. After my immune system is obliterated we can deposit them back into my body for my body to rebuild a properly functioning immune system. WOOT WOOT

Preparing my body is still under way. This morning I had a new neck catheter installed. It's a little lighter and smaller.



 Should be more comfortable than the behemoth that was installed for the stem cell harvesting. This new catheter will serve the purpose of deliver meds, steroids, and chemo. Received my first round of chemo mid morning today. The doctor told me that I will get a second infusion this evening. Overall there is four days of chemo needed to obliterate the immune system. In talking to other patients it seems that the chemo is tolerated quite well. If someone has nausea it is quickly remedied with some anti nausea medication that is highly effective.

The hospital here does not have a wide range of foods to eat. It seems to be the same thing over and over. Sure would like to get a variety of things to eat. Here is a smattering of the typical meals we are served.




For a stemmie birthday
party we went to the local
market and splurged for
some delicious cakes!!!


YUMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment